Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst reading my bird magazine I came across this

"The new animated movie about a Critically Endangered Spix's macaw (Cyanopsitta spixii) named Blu, is actually based on a true story. Rio follows a domesticated Spix's that finds out he is the last male of his species. The real Blue is a Spix's macaw called Presley, who was found in Colorado in 2002 pining for his mate after it had died. Parrot enthusiast Mischelle Much, together with the World Parrot Trust, worked to send Presley back to his native Brazil to meet a female and add to the species tiny population."

hehe, that's quite nice to know :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same, I think its sweet!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I want to see that movie so badly! It looks so cute. There were articles about it in my Bird Talk magazines as well. Apparently the director researched a lot on parrots.

I might just have to buy it and have a movie night with my birds.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if my birds watched it they'd all be screaming at it, any other bird noise or bird on tv and they're off :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want to see that movie so badly! It looks so cute. There were articles about it in my Bird Talk magazines as well. Apparently the director researched a lot on parrots.

I might just have to buy it and have a movie night with my birds.

You really should see it! I saw it last weekend and it's great! I actually laughted out loud at one point!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to go see it really soon :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.