Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today at 4pm my bunny rabbit passed away.

he was 10 years old! That's the longest I've ever had a rabbit for! :yikes: so he was pretty old!

He had kidney failure, he went blind and his body just couldn't take it any more :(.

He's been with me for many years, and came to me at around 3/4 years old 'cause nobody wanted him and left him on my doorstep in a bread bin with a note! My past family issues meant nobody cared for him very well at all (I was far too young to have cleaned the entire hutch etc and all that was up to my mom). When I moved away from there to my nan and granddads he was really ill, he was so thin and horrible, I feel awful now knowing that that was what was happening to him. But he put on a ton of weight and was happy and healthy and used to run around my garden with the dogs.
He started showing signs of age over the last two years though, he didn't go to the toilet as well, and we had to give him water through a bottle directly into his mouth, he couldn't do it by himself. And the last week he seemed to have gotten far far worse. We knew he was passing 'cause his little nose wasn't twitching anywhere near as much as a rabbits nose should and he wasn't even accepting water off us. We knew there would be nothing else we could do so we let him pass away. He still went for two days straight, and accepted a tiny bit of water, but today he just crashed :(

So rest in peace little one, I'm happy to know he isn't suffering any more.

He had a nice life (well the second half of it!) and he was cared for really well, and lived to a great age... so I'm very happy for him

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
That is a bittersweet story, Daisy. He lived a nice, long life.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you both :hug:

rabbits are such lovely animals, but I don't want anything else other than my birds until I move out which wont be until I've finished university. I'm also planning to move abroad so I really don't want to leave bunnies behind :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you very much!

·
Registered
993 Posts
oh Daisy Im so sorry to hear about your bunny rabbit but he was really old I mean most only live 5 to 7, I rabbits 10 and I know your bunny musta loved you so much Im sure the love you gave him is what helped him in all those years. Run free little bunny.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you so much for the very kind words :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.