Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Meet "Rosella", my newest Rosy Bourke. She has several colors on her actually - a pink body, with yellow on the sides, and a little green and blue. I named her "Rosella" because she reminded me a little bit of a real Rosella. Rosella was supposed to be a mate for female Rosy, Twitter - I was told she was a male - but she turned out to be a she....

In the beginning of the film, you can see my other Rosy Bourke, "Twitter", fly to her cage where she watches the rest of the filming. Excuse the dirty carpet - today is cleaning day so I will vacuum after this film! Click on photo below to play the film !!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
She's beautiful. You know this means you'll need 2 males, now, right?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 males needed...

Yes - I know - 2 males are needed now. But I may give Rosella to a local bird friend who had Bourkes before, if I can ever locate a male friend for Twitter. My idea for a male for Twitter was so that I could put them in the same larger cage. Twitter and Rosella are pretty territorial as females and Twitter especially doesn't like Rosella in her cage. So much for my idea of consolidating into fewer cages!

I would also like another Scarlet Chested someday - but they are pretty hard to find as hand-fed babies. If anyone knows of one, let me know! I really miss Peeper.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Awe, I'm sorry about Peeper. I suspect that will take a long time to heal. If you don't mind having a bird shipped, there is a gal on the Linnie Forum who may have hand reared splendids, but I'm not certain she did actually hand rear the clutch I think she has currently. She is all the way across the country from you, though.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
what a cutie! Thanks for sharing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.