Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo I started teaching Russel tricks, I started a bit late but his attention span used to be very bad lol. So here are two little tricks he learned, one is to turn around on the perch the other is to raise his body up and ruffle his feathers. Hes also learning to wave and play dead since he has now mastered the two first tricks.
I hope you guys can see this

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N855HFv_oxs"]YouTube - Sun conure Tricks[/nomedia]

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awww go Russel!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Nice video. Smart bird.

Why do you say you stared late?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i had a black capped conure and she learned like 8 tricks by the time she was one, gosh i love her she was sooo smart. But i didnt feel like russel was ready he seemed more of a baby then bianca so i left it awhile, i guess thats good though i , mean its not like theres a time limit :biggrin5:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
What happened to your black capped conure if you don't mind me asking ?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she escaped her wrough iron cage( she pushed the latch and snuck through the feeder and then she chewed a hole through my screen window. Its hard for me to think about i feed so guilty I wasnt there she was the best bird you could of asked for so its really hard to talk about

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I'm sorry I wont ask again :( that must have been awful

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
So sorry to hear that... You can't prepare for everything - accidents happen to ALL of us :hug:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Jessie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your black capped. You couldn't have foreseen that. I'm constantly worried about my green cheek, too. They are their own worst enemies.

I think it often does take the larger conures longer to mature. It was smart of you to wait until Russel was ready. It takes good intuitions to notice individual differences like that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
well i paid hundred of dollars to have papers faxed to all vet clinics in a certain distance and to have everyone within 1500 houses called with an automated msg. i also spent days upon days biking up streets calling for her and prolly 5 different forest there was even a story in the paper for her but nothing..a few people called but I never found her I have a feeling shes with someone though she was an extremely social little conure..i miss her like crazy

Thanks nanay and your so right they really are im lucky russels very docile about most things besides running water

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.