Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been feeding small pieces of saltine crackers to Kiki every now and then. I wipe off all the salt and I only do it occasionally. I wouldn't think it'd hurt her. I could always go out and buy crackers with no salt and such, but it's so much easier to use saltine crackers becaues we always have them in the house anyway. She loves it, but if it's not OK at all, I will most definitely stop. What do you think?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Do you give them bc she loves them or?? I guess as a rare treat they'd be ok but there is not nutritional value at all in them. Why not try a wheat cracker without salt & low in fat? :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes more sense, now that I think about it. I've found some regular cheerios and I've been using those more instead.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Belle likes Trader Joes Social Snackers as a special treat so I break off a small piece, she looks so cute holding it while she eats!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
yeah as the others said feed in moderation, I do not think it will cause any harm, but don't use regularly

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I give Kiki a pretty healthy pellet diet, with some fresh foods too, so in moderation I believe it's fine.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
sounds great then!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.