Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the breeder today to look at some young English Bungies. She had a English Grey Cinnamon, and a White Split, I wanted to check out. I also was interested in the Bourkes she had. She had quite a few Bourkes, 10-14 beautiful Pinks, a couple Rosys, and 6-8 normals.

Imagine my surprise when I saw this 4 month old beauty. It was love at first sghtt. I did check out the other birds, but kept going back to stare at his colors.

I knew which bird was coming home with me. She also had a hen, a bit older, but I think I will be getting her in the very near future.

I can't wait for his colors to come out. His dad was a STUNNER, so I am sure my little unnamed guy will be just at spectacular.

Here is my new little guy. Any name suggestions?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
WOW! Beautiful! I've never seen one!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I don't know what names you're looking for but he really is a stunner :lovehearts:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He has been here 1 full day, so I thought I would I do some training. I Put my finger in the cage, said step-up, and onto my finger he came. i Walked around the room and no problem, walked to other rooms, and he just sat there on my finger, happy and content.

While he was on my finger,I sat down and told him how pretty he was, I gave him scrinches, petted his head, and stroked his body, he was in heaven.

Earlier I had fed him a warm Birdie Bread muffin with Raspberries, Blackberries,
Banana, Applesauce, seed and baby food Sweet Potato. He also had some thawed Corn and Peas on top of the muffin.

Do you think I might be spoiling him a bit? You bet I am. :)

Am I in bird heaven. Yes, and I couldn't be happier.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That's great! We all do a bit of spoiling haha. Glad to know all is going well with you bird!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Beautiful boy! He's lovely :D!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
You're right, his colors are amazing!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
And his colors will only become more amazing as he matures!

Does he eat almost anything you offer? Everyone I know who has scarlet chesteds says they are very easy to feed well because they love to try everything that is actually good for them.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Besides seed, I have tried Homemade Birdie Bread, which he devoured. He also loves corn and Peas. I just put some Kale in to see if he likes that too. So far he hasn't found it yet.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My grass parakeets loved kale. It was the turquoisine's absolute favorite thing ever.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried it today and he loved it. Thanks for the the hint on cutting it in strips. Better for Oliver to munch.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hey Bob I really like your siggy! So cool hehe! I might have to get one of those :biggrin5: how's Oliver doing?

·
Registered
38 Posts
What a sweet little guy he is! Splendids/Scarlet Chesteds are wonderful gentle birds with beautiful voices, it is a shame they are not more popular

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
They're really cheap over here to buy, meh, knowing me I'll end up giving them a shot :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.