Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Russ sometimes goes into these states of stiffening, back arching, eyes going white around edges, making a funny noise then snapping out of it.

She's done it for about a year and I shrugged it off as her orgasmic times, but mum saw it for the first time this morn and said it's almost seizure like.

Thoughts?

My prob is there are no bloody avain vets in my area! Live in the capital city ffs ...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
She could be goin into the position to mate. Does it look like this
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPbSFcxJ02Y"]YouTube - Budgies Mating[/nomedia]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda. A bit difficult to see with the other budgie on top, but Piper's eyes do look a lil dilated there don't they?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
LOL YES! That is definitely Russ. So she'd do that even with no other bird around?
Shes just a horny little budgie. lol :) they don't need a mate to be horny and in condition. :) Males use objects to masturbate with, females do aswell. :) It's absolutely normal.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Yep - they can do that with no one around. Sometimes they'll use a toy, sometimes just do their own thing. Goober masturbates on occasion with one of her toys :rolleyes: Our umbrella cockatoo used to solicit anyone she saw to mate, if they pet her back lol. Birds can be quite... horny xD

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Yeah, Minnie used to masturbate with one of her rope toys, and then of course lay eggs. My mom once said while at the vet's, "That woman just had to sell us her darn cockatiel right before she became horny." Well, that's one way to put it! :lol:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Katie,
Glad to see you back. Also, glad to hear Russ is just normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.