Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to be breeding time of year for senegals judging by the behaviour of mine! Something I've noticed is they yawn at each other, has anyone else noticed this? If so I wonder why they do this and what it means?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Maybe yawning is just as contagious in birds as it is in people? :giggle: Nah, Sennies have some weird behaviors with their beaks, I've noticed when they're stressed or thinking they open and close their beaks sometimes clicking it? Not sure why they do it, or what the patterns are, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had some meaning to them

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah maybe that's what they are doing, I thought it was a small yawn without the head twist lol. My smallest senegal, one I bought as a rehome bird last year has taken to upsetting my Jardine today, she was chasing him, I had to put her back in the cage. My sennies are definately being aggro at the moment.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I can't pet Roni even one pet right now or she regurgitates. The red bellied at the store is the same way. I miss loving on her, but I'm not willing to stimulate the behavior, so she isn't getting any scritching. Actually, she is being a total wild bird, and she seems quite impressed with herself over it, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.