Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought home a new tiel today! He (I think) has one bad bumble foot and the other is marginal. He was hand raised and is very tame and willing to be loved and held. He is a cinnamon pearl I'm told. I have named him Sebastian!
If he turns out to be a she we shall call her Miss Sebastian! I include pictures from my phone, not too bad really.. He is sharing a cage with Good Charlotte who is also very tame.
Honestly I could not resist him. I let him explore the cage to see how he does and he climbs and perches normally.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
I brought home a new tiel today! He (I think) has one bad bumble foot and the other is marginal. He was hand raised and is very tame and willing to be loved and held. He is a cinnamon pearl I'm told. I have named him Sebastian!
If he turns out to be a she we shall call her Miss Sebastian! I include pictures from my phone, not too bad really.. He is sharing a cage with Good Charlotte who is also very tame.
Honestly I could not resist him. I let him explore the cage to see how he does and he climbs and perches normally.

He/she is adorable, know i'll give my opinion. I have a female tiel who has yellow under her tail as well. Though, My opinoin your tiel may be female but, I am just giving my opinion but, of course its good to hear the others think before taking my opinion.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Aww, what a cutie!! Nice thing? No need for a DNA test - if it stays a pearl, it's a girl! :giggle: You'll know after his first molt. How does he do with his feet, does he get around well?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AARRGGHH I have tried to post an answer 3 times and keep getting the you are not logged in nonsense when I am logged in. Please someone fix it.

Yes he gets around very well, climbing all over and perches well. I found him sleeping on the floor of the cage this morning so put paper in the cage on top of the grate. I am leaning toward a hen so will ask for name suggestions?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
My first bird was a cinnamon pearl tiel, her name was Snoopy :giggle: Still think it's a cute name! :p Pearl is always a good one too, if a bit generic

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
He/she looks like a sweetie. There is always room for a cockatiel, isn't there? :biggrin5:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, there is always room for another tiel. They are so sweet and fun and easy to care for. I am going to say she from now on based on behavior and chirps. She is now renamed Valentine! She had a good day eating and even playing with the toys in her cage. She takes a bit longer to step up or down onto a perch because of having to position her bad foot for the move, but otherwise is perfect. I held her tonight and let her sit on my shoulder while we watched tv. She preened me and nibbled on my dangley earrings. When it was time for bed I put her in the cage on the floor and she was not happy and wanted to be let off at the perch. She also had joined the group on top of the cages and they all sat and behaved liked good little tiels.:biggrin5:

·
Registered
131 Posts
How could you resist, right :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I came home this evening to find her sitting on the swing. She doesn't think her feet are messed up at all.:) Still very sweet tonight and stepped up for me right away. I am so glad I brought her home!

·
Registered
57 Posts
That is good great news about her steping up for you right away you have one smart bird, I had a small fright with my female I'm gonna tell my mom that I'm gonna keep an eye on her some tonight and if she shows my female tiel show's signs of pain tomorrow I'll ask my mom to make an vet apointment for that day. Just incase.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She/He continues to do well. Hes not as used to being touched or held as Good Charlotte is, so we have all been holding him and just getting to know the little cutey.
He sat on the couch this morning eating Nanna's left overs, yummy big bird food! So far he is fitting in so easily to the flock. I was in the shop today and all the siblings are still there. Someone needs to go buy them, they are so tame.:yesnod:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Wonderful news.
Now let's have some news about the rest of the gang, too. How is Nanna doing these days, as well as everyone else?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am pleased to report that SEBASTIAN is doing well and fitting in nicely. I have decided that is his name and he responds to it. If I take him out if the room he flock calls for Good Charlotte. They have bonded and its a nice fit. They are both very tame and like to be held and interact with us.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, it's very nice right now to enjoy Sebastian's calm attitude and quietness! Soon I know puberty hits and the songs and don't come near me attitude begins! He is a sweety so of course I will love him through it all. I promise new pictures this weekend!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.