Registered
339 Posts
Aww, they are adorable!
Congrats, pleaseeee keep us updated ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some pictures of the chicks today :) The oldest will be 3 weeks this weekend and I will be pulling them for handfeeding! It is amazing how quickly they grow! Looking forward to seeing them feather out!
Here also is a pic of Mom, she is frightened of the camera so it is not the best picture :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Ooooooh, mom is my next 'I want' in a cockatiel! I want a white-faced pearl, or WF cinn pearl, as a mate for Moose :lovehearts:

·
Registered
182 Posts
They grow so fast. I have a white face pearl pied. They are stunning birds. What age do you sell them at? Do you keep them longer after their weaning so they can play with there siblings and learn how to be a bird?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They grow so fast. I have a white face pearl pied. They are stunning birds. What age do you sell them at? Do you keep them longer after their weaning so they can play with there siblings and learn how to be a bird?
I don't have a set age that I sell them at because each bird is different. Generally speaking they wean between 6 and 8 weeks. They remain with me for 2 weeks minimum(often times more) after they are weaned so that I am 100% certain that they are doing well. During this time they are well socialized with family life. They get lots of out of cage time and are played with by children and adults!

I love pied birds, especially whiteface pieds. I am hoping we get a pied in this clutch :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.