Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help socializing Briar. When I first got him he was really skittish and didn't trust anyone. Now that he trusts me I need some ideas and help getting him used to other people and places without pushing him too much. i want to go at his pace but i don't really know how to start. But i want him to be a happy well-socialized adult bird, any ideas?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm not experienced with this, but you could try interacting with him as you do, and slowly have someone enter the room - first have them stand in the door way, and eventually work on having them come closer and closer to wear you guys are.

How did you get him to trust you? This obviously worked, so you could counsel others on how to do this with him - I wouldn't introduce to many people at once, one at a time, you don't want to overwhelm him :)

I'm sure someone more experienced will have better adivce :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the ideas Lisa :)

oops sorry Nancy, yea he's the bird in my picture, an awesome little sun conure who's 9 months old

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
The thing I have been trying with my parrotlet is to let others give him favorite treats...either thru the bars of the cage or when I have him out. He really is a one person bird...mine...and will only let me take him out of the cage. He actually gets quite excited when they pick up the treat jar and shake it...he still will not allow them to handle him willingly tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.