Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted in a while so I just thought I'd post a few bird shots from my sunroom. Here's the gang enjoying some pool time:

Peeper, my Scarlet Chested Parakeet, is chomping on some hemp seeds while Twitter, my Rosy Bourke, enjoys the "pool":

Twitter decides to see if someone else wants to come in:

Pecker, the dove, decides to check it out:

But he gets the feeling we are being watched...

We are apparently under very tight surveillance!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Great pictures. Twitter has really come into his colors, hasn't he?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Twitter is a she!

Nanay,

Twitter is actually a "she" but yes, her pink / rosey color is more intense now than when I got her (I think). And of course, Peeper - the male Scarlet Chested, is looking very good these days! He took almost a year to color up - so make a mental note everyone, if you get a scarlet chested - the males can take a while to get that red chest!

Reactions: Jenny

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awh your birds are so adorable. I love how the doves just seem to be chilling in the background hehe!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doves

Doves are nice calm birds. No wing-clipping ever needed. If you treat them nicely, they become very tame and like to snuggle on your arm or shoulder. They are completely non-aggressive and of course do not BITE!

Reactions: Jenny

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hehe yeah I know. And some pretty cute pics hehe!
I'd love some. Are yours kept in an aviary or cage?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Ron,
I used the wrong name. I meant Peeper. I call my kids the wrong name all the time, too. Sorry about that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.