Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are mulberrys ok, we have a tree in the back yard, and i know for a fact the outdoor birds eat them. I always have purple poop on my car but i wondered if it was ok for your indoor birds?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I am unsure, I shall get back to you on this!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Mulberries are great for birds and people alike, but be certain the berries are not contaminated with pesticides. One of the big antioxidant fruits for longevity at health food stores is now a white mulberry from the orient. The mulberries around home may not be quite as healthy, but they are still good for you. I eat them myself, too.

Oh, you can also give your birds branches from the mulberry trees for toys if you want. The leaves are also edible. My llamas love mulberry leaves. Again, just be certain there is no pesticide contamination.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you bunches!!!!

Thank you for the info. It will be nice to have a use for them. No they have never been sprayed. Came up wild and my husband informed me we have another one too. I will freeze them and get them out for winter. I hope he likes them. I am not a big fan of them but hopefully the bird will love them. I know the outdoors birds sure do.:biggrin5:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.