Registered
3,142 Posts
Sally,
:waiting: We need more info. :giggle:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The babies are great! They are from Peggy B on the linnie forum. For now they are in the same cage, cause they were at Peggy's. Not sure if I will keep them in the same cage forever. We'll see how things go. The linnie - Bug - comes out when I ask him to step up. The redrump - Sprout - will not step up on my hand in the cage but will when he comes out. He just comes out on his own when he is ready. My two linnies get along great, but Boo (my original linnie) does not like Sprout. Boo will chase Sprout off of the playstand. I tried to explain to him that was not nice, but he doesn't seem to care. He likes to think that he is the boss. So I hold one of them when the other is on the playstand. They are very sweet, quiet birds.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Awwh bless them ^^

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Thanks for the report. Does your original linnie like your bourkes? I've known linnies who were very sweet with grasskeets and linnies who were very aggressive toward them.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My bourke does not come out of the cage. She had been in a breeding situation for 3 years. I was going to try to tame her, but she seems much happier being left in the cage. And she bites really hard.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I am in shock! :yikes: I wasn't even aware bourkes COULD bite hard, :giggle:. I have never heard of a bourke biting hard, but I learn something new every day.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
None of mine have ever bitten hard nanay haha

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My bourke doesn't break skin. But she gets skin between her beak and doesn't let go. I've actually had fingers that were numb for a day after she had latched on to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.