TalkParrots.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I keep getting messages in my email everytime a post is made. I have gone to my User CP under subscribed threads and have deleted, clicked on unsubscribe, clicked on don't send email but I still am receiving them. I don't know what else to do to stop these.

I know the solution is just a click away but I can't seem to find the right click. Is any one else having this problem? Can someone help me?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think I found it Nancy....go to user CP, then EDIT OPTIONS, then DEFAULT THREAD SUBSCRIPTION MODE. click on don't send e mails! I think this will work!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Heidy. I think that is exactly the click I was looking for. Also what does a subscribed thread mean anyway?

·
Registered
392 Posts
"subscribed thread" means a thread/subject that you have contributed to. If you have your preferences set to receive emails in your user cp then every time someone else posts in that thread you will receive an email informing you. You're not going to get them now though cause you've changed your preferences :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I got another email and it was checked on not to receive emails. So now I went back and changed it to do not subscribe and I'll see if this makes a difference.

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Here is some more information about subscriptions: http://www.talkparrots.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_subscriptions

Also, just in case you adjusted your settings, you may have inadvertently chosen not to receive e-mails from the Administration. That means if we send a newsletter or something, you won't receive it. If that was your intention though, then never mind! :p

Furthermore, you can still subscribe to threads but choose to receive no e-mail notification. Then you can go to your UserCP every time you visit to see which threads you are subscribed to have been updated. Very useful feature. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.