Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody on here have a budgie who can talk? I've seen some awesome vids on youtube. I've had tons of them but none have ever spoke :lol:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
My budgies don't talk, but I've never really pushed them to do it. I also think it'd be very difficult when you have more than one budgie to get them to talk.

I've seen several YouTube videos of talking budgies, I find them really entertaining! :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha actually say the word tweet or just tweet :lol:?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Abby haha, although they may learn from each other ;)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
They may learn from each other if one knows how to talk while living by itself before others are brought in. Not saying it is impossible to teach a budgie to talk when it is living with other budgies, I am just saying it is probably very difficult to do so.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you meant but it would be cool if they learn of each other :biggrin5:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Yeah, that's very possible. Birds learn off each other when it comes to pretty much everything.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's awesome! I used to leave my radio on all the time for a lonely lovebird I had and it ended up saying a few things but mostly whistling themes :lol:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
My mom had a budgie as a kid that talked super clear and said many things - tho most of them were very crude :giggle: I've seen budgies that talk, and met them, but I've never owned budgies, so I can't say from personal experience

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
never owned a budgie Jenny!? Wow! I thought you would have done what with your awesome flock :giggle:I do love hearing them talk. They've got really deep voices that just doesn't sound right at all :lol:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
never owned a budgie Jenny!? Wow! I thought you would have done what with your awesome flock :giggle:I do love hearing them talk. They've got really deep voices that just doesn't sound right at all :lol:
:lol: I know, right? I WANT a flight cage with some English in it, all with pretentious British names like Beauregard, Chaucey and Chirrol :yesnod: :giggle: I have parakeets, just not budgies ;) They make too much constant chatter for my current living situation, or I'd have some by now hehe

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mine only make the odd noise which is pretty odd. Jenny I actually laughed at that! You'd have to put 'Sir' in front of everything :lol:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
mine only make the odd noise which is pretty odd. Jenny I actually laughed at that! You'd have to put 'Sir' in front of everything :lol:
Indeed! :biggrin5: Some of my fish already have pretentious names... Sir Chaucey Beauregard the IV is my Golden Spiny Eel (Chaucey for short), and my purple mystery snail is Sir Escargot :giggle:I have a 'pet' in WoW named Chaucer, just because. My friend and I named her cat Baron Geoffrey von Shultz (Shultz is her last name) or Geoff for short ;) They would all be Barons, Earls, Lords, Ladies, etc hehehe

·
Registered
662 Posts
My green cheek conure Remmy has taught two of my budgies to talk, they say his name and are saying all the things he says. And one is a hen, yep she can talk also. All the conures can say Remmy bird, he is famous. The tiels can talk when they get the urge.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I had a co-worker years ago who had a budgie who spoke very plainly, and he said several sweet things. He was just a plain ole' budgie. He was adorable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.