Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
I keep the temp at 72 during the day, 68 at night. All parrots can adjust to temps in the 60's ( some even much lower, think of those kept in outdoor aviaries ) as long as it's not a sudden drop, they need time to acclimatize. I also cover my bird cages at night to keep them cosy and free from any draughts. I have hot water baseboard heat so humidity is not a problem. I also have thermal perches, so if they're feeling chilly they can roost on them. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
I keep the house around 76... but it doesn't exactly get cold down here, I have to worry about the heat! :lol: Have you heard of/tried the heated perches? I've seen them in catalogs but never used them or tried it out, no real need for it! :lol:
Yes Jenny, all 3 of my birds have the thermal perches, I've had them for a few years now and they work very well. They seem to use them more after they've been showered and are preening more than anything, I guess the warmth on their feet helps them dry off and makes them feel snuggly. :giggle:

·
Registered
392 Posts
You can get the thermal perches a lot cheaper if you shop around on online though, ebay and whatnot :p. Foster Smith has great products but they're expensive and the shipping is outrageous.

·
Registered
392 Posts
:lol: I just got an email from Foster Smith saying they're having a special $5.99 flat rate shipping deal, no matter how many items you order. That's a good deal for them, their shipping charges are usually very high. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.