Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a thread I'm putting together and the photos are all compliments of DallyTsuka, Casey. Using photos she has taken to monitor her own birds health, she has put together a very complete (IMO) visual guide to different droppings in parrots, specifically in cockatiels and love birds.

Anyone who has photos or thoughts to contribute as well are welcome to, I think this will make a great "go to" thread to help people.

These photos were taken of the droppings for vet records... Casey got the bubble ones from toby when he was ill, the seeds from tsuka when he eats too fast, the papaya ones from munch when she ate it all the time, the abnormal ones from munch, dally's egg poop, normal poops, and anything else abnormal she had to throw in there. Thanks so much for contributing, Casey! This is great! :biggrin5:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
thanks jenny it looks good! i do hope others can fill the gaps still open... if anyone has photos from metal poisoning or other illnesses, that would complete it. or normal droppings from larger birds or abnormal droppings of any kind from any species... more variety than what i have as everyone has something different and it would be easier to compare differences to each species... like lories have watery droppings so those would be nice (if you can call it that) to add here i think

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Jenny....this thread was just so wonderful to pull up as I'm eating mushy macaroni and cheese. I don't think I'll be finishing my Easy Mac....
Thanks for posting. I guess. :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
this is a great thread, thank you :D

Reactions: Jenny

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All thanks goes to Casey :) She set up the awesome photos I just put them in a thread

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
but you put the thread together for everyone :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Oh yes, what yummy photos!
Great job both of you.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Question....Kiki has had watery droppings just like in those pictures for a while...should I be concerned? Everything else is ok with her....I'm not feeding her a lot of fruits, but she might be drinking a lot of water...

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Just keep a close eye on her, she may be drinking a lot :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Abby,
You had the vet test her pooh when you first brought her home, right? If it was ok then, and it hasn't changed, I'd guess it is normal for her.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Thank you Casey!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Now thinking about it, Scully's poop looks like aa "egg" poop. Only when he's high on my shoulder though!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
well.. yeah these are small parrot poops. if you want to contribute for larger parrots, that would be awesome!!

(i dont want to imagine an egg poop for a large parrot like a grey or macaw :eek: )

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I think I could only get a normal poo........:lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts