TalkParrots.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sort of like the Nag and Whine thread about weather, only its about SNOW and the lovely mess it causes for some of us. So ... please share and add some pics of lovely or horrible snowy pics that tickle your fancy ... lets have a laugh!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I once lived in Ottawa, so can totally relate to this!

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
5,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saw this pic on another site and everyone was saying how much they wish they had snow like this ... they were oooooohing and awwwwwing and just so excited about this pile of white crap.

I on the other hand was so impressed that Japan has PHONE BOOTHS ....

When was the last time you saw a phone booth where you live?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Remember how last year I mentioned that J. had to be careful during the winter months or his car doors could freeze up and not allow easy entry? Well, he solved this problem this year with a winter windshield cover, that wraps around the sides to control side door ice-up, as well. He just needs to lift the cover up, and the ice and snow sticks to it, instead of to the glass windshield.

Now, isn't it nice that even the SNOW thread can have a happy ending?

·
Super Moderator
5,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember how last year I mentioned that J. had to be careful during the winter months or his car doors could freeze up and not allow easy entry? Well, he solved this problem this year with a winter windshield cover, that wraps around the sides to control side door ice-up, as well. He just needs to lift the cover up, and the ice and snow sticks to it, instead of to the glass windshield.

Now, isn't it nice that even the SNOW thread can have a happy ending?

Now this is COOL!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Just a thought: on another website where I can post on the forums and play games, the desire to respect the LGBT+ Community to the letter has meant that Want to Build a Snowman? morphed into Want to Build a Snowperson? Well, to my ears, this sounds a tad off. What is your opinion on this?

·
Super Moderator
5,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a thought: on another website where I can post on the forums and play games, the desire to respect the LGBT+ Community to the letter has meant that Want to Build a Snowman? morphed into Want to Build a Snowperson? Well, to my ears, this sounds a tad off. What is your opinion on this?

GAH .... is nothing FUN anymore and does it all have to have some specific meaning about gender or sex or what ever?

I hate that our world is just changing in stupid ways over stupid things like this ... KILL ME NOW. :(

·
Registered
595 Posts
A little bit of car trouble?
😜

Recently J. got our car serviced with some new heavy-duty windshield wipers, and was so deliriously happy! The old ones were trouble with the flimsy wiper rubber part stuck frozen to the windshield -- J. remarked that the old wipers were just inferior quality.
So -- have you checked your wiper blades lately? 😜

1 - 20 of 21 Posts