Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I would not recommend keeping a bird of prey in a cage unless absolutely necessary or the bird was hand raised and in a double macaw cage where it could fly back and forth and it was STILL taken out every day regardless of how large the cage was. But this is a small cage and there are tons of ads like it!

·
Registered
993 Posts
I completely agree they need to have enclosures not cages their wild animals, It really boils my blood when people do stuff like that I hate hearing about servals and tigers and other big cats being kept in houses.
:(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I were to get a serval or anything else similar to that I would want an outdoor enclosure or at least something HUGE indoors. Like a room or something. I'd hate to see one in a cage :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean even to a certain extent many people housing parrots don't have the correct housing, I wish people would be kinder to animals :(

·
Registered
993 Posts
People just dont understand its the world we live in I guess animals arent there main priority too focused on money and technology

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
exactly, if I were to have money it wouldn't last long, I love animals too much XD

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
thats horrid:mad: it makes me so angry to see how little people care about animals ! just the other day i called the SPCA on a petshop near me because the were neglecting a macaw that they kept perminatly in the store, it made me so sad to see such a beautiful bird look so sad and stressed:(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how were the neglecting it :(?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
It didn't have food or water or toys the cage hadn't been cleaned in aged and there where cockroaches every where, I saw the bird a month before that and it was in good condition but when I went back it had broken all its feathers and it looked so depress and I asked the owners why it looked so bad and they said coz its stupid and its not their problem so I asked why they don't clean its cage and they said coz its just a bird so I called the SPCA

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's horrific. I'm awful at keeping my cool, I'd have punched somebody :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sadly though they'd still make you pay a ridiculous price :mad:

and yeah I know what you mean :(

·
Registered
353 Posts
I remember you finding this the other day, I swear I saw flames in your eyes aha. It is gross, why would anybody in the right mind keep such an animal in a cage? They don't interact like other birds and they really don't play with toys... although Axel did play with that ball

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.