·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
6,038 Posts
I've got a lovely gold finch visiting my back and front yard, they like the grass seeds that blow over here from the condo a few doors down. The condo has tons of grass and lawns and has a landscaping company coming and cutting the grass and leaving it on the ground ... it blows around and ends up down here on my lawn and I get to watch bright yellow boids come and munch.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a lovely gold finch visiting my back and front yard, they like the grass seeds that blow over here from the condo a few doors down. The condo has tons of grass and lawns and has a landscaping company coming and cutting the grass and leaving it on the ground ... it blows around and ends up down here on my lawn and I get to watch bright yellow boids come and munch.

When I was living with my 1st husband's family, my mother-in-law was fond of wild birds, and planted a shrub near a low window where a group of goldfinches used to gather regularly to munch on the fruit/seeds -- providing spectacular flashes of yellow as they busily groomed the bush. Such a fond memory!

·
Super Moderator
6,038 Posts
When I was living with my 1st husband's family, my mother-in-law was fond of wild birds, and planted a shrub near a low window where a group of goldfinches used to gather regularly to munch on the fruit/seeds -- providing spectacular flashes of yellow as they busily groomed the bush. Such a fond memory!

That sounds so lovely Sweet P ... nice memory!

When I was younger I went with a friend to a cottage up in Coboconk somewhere in the Kawartha's ... the cottage was a bizarre thing that had hidden staircases that lead to a few hidden rooms. Looking from the outside you would think it was a 2 room shack with a storage in an attic crawl space ... NOT SO!

We sat on a couple of lawn chairs and drank a beer watching 20 or more bright yellow gold finches hanging out in this massive blue spruce tree. They were munching on something and playing, arguing, fighting and having a great ole time in that huge 15 foot tree.

It was a lovely afternoon watching them do their thing. I've admired them ever since.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds so lovely Sweet P ... nice memory!

When I was younger I went with a friend to a cottage up in Coboconk somewhere in the Kawartha's ... the cottage was a bizarre thing that had hidden staircases that lead to a few hidden rooms. Looking from the outside you would think it was a 2 room shack with a storage in an attic crawl space ... NOT SO!

We sat on a couple of lawn chairs and drank a beer watching 20 or more bright yellow gold finches hanging out in this massive blue spruce tree. They were munching on something and playing, arguing, fighting and having a great ole time in that huge 15 foot tree.

It was a lovely afternoon watching them do their thing. I've admired them ever since.
Wonderful story, Mr. Peepers! Thanks for sharing! 🥰

1 - 5 of 5 Posts