Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been keeping a secret. Wanted to make sure they hatched and got to be old enough to bring in for hand raising. I have pulled them a little early as the weather here is so changeable at the moment. Saturday was over 30C and Saturday night and Sunday the temperature dropped rapidly when a cool change came through and it rained all Saturday night and all Sunday.

It has been 3 years since I had any of these to hand raise, since I lost 5 eggs from 2 nests when we had a really bad thunderstorm and there was a direct lightning strike on the power pole at the front of my house. I also lost Budgie eggs and Lorikeet eggs.

Everyone welcome my 2 baby Galah's (Roseate or Rose Breasted Cockatoos).

The elder larger one was 2 weeks on Saturday and the smaller 2 weeks on Tuesday.

I have been really paranoid that I would have problems and they wouldn't hatch or I would lose them with all the storms we have been having. The drought has definitely broken.

Enjoy

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Oh what cuties! :love: Galah's are still pretty much my favorite cockatoo. I can't wait to watch them grow

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Congratulations. They are adorable with their little bald heads. I'm looking forward to lots of updates and pictures.

·
Registered
182 Posts
So cute, they are beautiful birds, I saw two babies at a bird show last weekend and they were for sale. I would love one but the price was out of my range.
Good luck with your babies.

·
Registered
44 Posts
:cngrts:They are sooooo sweet!!!! Congrats

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
They're so sweet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.