Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuco our little black cap has a few bad habits. The most annoying is is his love of shredding newspaper! He can destroy a nice clean cage in 15 minutes. Twice a day. I could not get him to stop with the paper. He taught Remmy that bad habit.
I had to get them a new cage with the grate 4 inches above the tray. I did find the one at a local shop. Now they have a play top in eggshell white, with dishes big enough for conures to swim in. Which is the first thing they did. Then Tuco bit me as thanks!
No more twice a day cleanups for me, and Tuco's nostrils are not cloggy any more. He had one side that was always clogged. Newspaper was the problem. Now I give them a toilet paper roll and they love it, taking all day to chew it up.
Tuco is a very sweet little guy. He just has to bite me once a week or he doesn't feel good:shrug:. He loves my daughter and lays in her hand on his back with his little feet curled up. He chose her, and Remmy.:hug:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Glad you were able to find a cage that stopped the newspaper problem. That sounds like a great solution for everyone! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Good deal on the new cage.

It is good you understand his needs.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have a Black Capped myself & a YSGCC, I am a huge Conure fan, no dishes of water here, only water bottles. lol I don't like pea soup water. :lol: Anyways, glad you found a solution. Mine is the same but I have grates so they don't reach the paper.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tuco has clear nares now. Sunday he took the grandfather of all baths, and cleared the blockage. Newspaper was the problem. He has been in better spirits this week, with not one bite!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.