·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
very cute! thanks for sharing

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Cute! Thanks for sharing.
This reminds me of this dead baby bird I found in front of my garage...I felt so bad for it!! I wanted to bury it.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cute! Thanks for sharing.
This reminds me of this dead baby bird I found in front of my garage...I felt so bad for it!! I wanted to bury it.
I remember finding a dead bird before and I was gonna bury it but I picked it up and all these crazy little bugs were on me it was freaky. It never did get buried.
And the first inos eyes are open now and it looks so weird but cute. :) the two smallest ones died though. :/

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss :(

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I love inos... I recently bred my violet grey male to my green dom pied hen and out of 6 eggs got 5 chicks... 3 of which were lutinos.. the youngest one died ( Mom rejected her from day one and she died at 2 1/2 days old ) I ended up with a dark green dom pied male... a normal dark green male and 2 lutino females... I kept all 4...lol

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The oldest is defainatly albino odds are the youngest one is to since both parents are blue series. If one of the inos are female I'll be keeping it for my Lutino male then when I breed the daddy of theses babies brother to a green hen I should get lutinos and I'm hoping for male lutinos to put with my albino hens. As for the other nest with four the youngest one died in that batch it didn't look fed but theirs 3 healthy chicks.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a video of the oldest INO chick
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjtPYW4HX24&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - ‪Albino Baby Budgie‬‏[/nomedia]

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Hi Juliafan... is the hen an ino?? If not then all ino chicks will be female by default... I learned this recently over on TB when I bred my ino babies... if the hen is ino then the chicks can be either sex. I really love the inos!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Juliafan... is the hen an ino?? If not then all ino chicks will be female by default... I learned this recently over on TB when I bred my ino babies... if the hen is ino then the chicks can be either sex. I really love the inos!!
If a female is INO the males would be split INO you wouldn't get INO chicks from a female but the male chicks would carry the gene which my male is split because his mother is a Lutino that's why I got albino chicks I love inos too. :)

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
If a female is INO the males would be split INO you wouldn't get INO chicks from a female but the male chicks would carry the gene which my male is split because his mother is a Lutino that's why I got albino chicks I love inos too. :)
Oh ok sorry.. I got that part wrong...lol This confuses me now... why if a male is split you can get ino chicks , but all are female , but if the hen is ino then the chicks are only split? ( or do I have that wrong again??)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh ok sorry.. I got that part wrong...lol This confuses me now... why if a male is split you can get ino chicks , but all are female , but if the hen is ino then the chicks are only split? ( or do I have that wrong again??)
If a male is split you can get either sex of an INO thats how you get INO hens then it repeats it's self. :) what confuses me is if he has a sister who is being bred would her male chicks be split for INO because they have the same mother?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Hmmm.. now I really am messed up... what I was told at talkbudgies is if a female had ino in her she shows it...that you cannot get a split hen... and if your hen is NOT an ino then any ino chicks she has are females... I better stop now...lol as I am just confusin myself more and more!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmm.. now I really am messed up... what I was told at talkbudgies is if a female had ino in her she shows it...that you cannot get a split hen... and if your hen is NOT an ino then any ino chicks she has are females... I better stop now...lol as I am just confusin myself more and more!
If she's a lutino you won't ever get split luino hens the males carry the gene as for not being Ino I never heard that before.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sorry to drag this thread up but just wanted to clarify for you if you haven't already found the answer.

Ino is a sex linked gene, just like opaline, Lacewing etc is.

Therefore if you breed a cock bird who is split to Ino to a Hen who is not an Ino, you will only get female Ino chicks, some of the Cocks birds have a chance of being split to Ino but not all will be it depends which genes they get.

If you breed a Cock who IS Ino to a non Ino hen you will get only Ino females again but all cocks will split to Ino.

Now if you breed an Ino hen to a non Ino non split Cock you will not get any visual Inos, all cock birds will be split to Ino but no chick will be a visual.

If you breed an Ino Hen to either a split cock or an Ino cock you will get Inos of both genders and any non Ino cocks will be split to it.

Remember Hens can not be split to sex linked genes, if they have that gene they will express it, they will be a visual. Cocks birds can both be a visual and also be split to it.

I hope this clears up confusion :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Or creamino!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.