Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay guys, I've bought two new budgies and they will be arriving on Monday providing that everything goes to plan

I have no idea what names I want yet, so everybody, I'd like you all to make name suggestions. One is male and one is female so hopefully some breeding will take place so long as the person selling them has got it right :rolleyes:

But yeah, fire away folks :biggrin5:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah aha same here. I've named that many birds it hurts haha!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Green and blue from what I've been told haha!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe thank you :D

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
You'll HAVE to post pictures and tell us their names!! :D

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I don't have any names, can you suggest some please :D? I'd love another member to perhaps name them for me :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Hmm....I was thinking up couple names recently. My first two birds (budgies) were blue and green, the cobalt was Rosco and the green was Lola. What kind of names do you have in mind? Any sort of themes or anything?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have no idea, you try naming all of the birds I've had! You can suggest anything though, ours are going to be blue and green I think

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Do you name every bird you get? Or do you just leave some without a name? Because it seems like you've owned a whole lotta birds.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Named every single one!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I could never buy a bird or other pet and not name it. That wouldn't be right. Everybody deserves a name! Although if I were you and I had that many birds, I'd probably be forced to write the names down since I most likely would not remember them all.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yup and half the time you have to write them down and write what type of bird, how old, breeder etc, erm colours and unusual markings

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Yeah, I would have to include pictures, too! Haha.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I've done my own parrot identification guide thing, where I've gotten loads of pictures etc of the actual birds and ones which compare similar species and I've researched tons to make my own little book

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
That's really cool! I like to write articles on bird subjects. I did make a whole guide on budgies, and then Rosco died, and I've kind of lost a bit of interest in doing that. Maybe I'll continue it at some other point.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That would be great :)!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
When I get older, in addition to owning my own bird store, I want to publish my own series on bird care.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.