Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many types of harnesses are there? I want to get the colorful one for my tiels but can't find it anywhere.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
They do aviator harnesses which can have either a leash or a flight training line. They have feather tether harnesses (I have ordered one for Joey... He screams if I leave him alone for a while so my grandparents want me to take him places) which come with a leash. And the bird diapers you can buy also have an attachable leash. I can't send you links as I'm on my phone sorry :(

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I've always been a bit unsure about the harnesses...Especially with smaller birds.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My vet has trained her birds to fly wearing the aviator harnesses. I think that is wonderful enrichment for the birds, but we also have hawks here. She cautions that you have to have spotters constantly looking for hawks.

Rachel,
Do you know the name of the harness you are seeking?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My vet has trained her birds to fly wearing the aviator harnesses. I think that is wonderful enrichment for the birds, but we also have hawks here. She cautions that you have to have spotters constantly looking for hawks.

Rachel,
Do you know the name of the harness you are seeking?
No I don't know the name but all I know is that its colorful. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.