Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went missing for a bit, but back now and hopefully will be a lot more active on the forum! :biggrin5:

*Took these photos 2 days ago*.

I know their cage's dirty (and one of their perches) rest assured, I always seem to take photos before I clean their cage and after they've eaten their veggie mash!

The 7 babies are in their own cage now and really enjoy having all the room. The plucked babies are getting feathers where they were plucked AND tail feathers. :hehe:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Awwww :lovehearts:
I'm in love!
They are adorable :giggle:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can I ask what the IRN are like? My husband is absolutely in love with the pair at the petstore and is considering getting one. I am not familiar with them at all. They are gorgeous but that is it for my knowledge, lol.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Can I ask what the IRN are like? My husband is absolutely in love with the pair at the petstore and is considering getting one. I am not familiar with them at all. They are gorgeous but that is it for my knowledge, lol.
It's so dangerous when both mates love birds. It results in MBS. We have two will be getting #3 in a few weeks and #4 in a few months. All Linnies. :biggrin5:

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's so dangerous when both mates love birds. It results in MBS. We have two will be getting #3 in a few weeks and #4 in a few months. All Linnies. :biggrin5:
Lol! We already suffer from MBS:eek:As pets I have 1 amazon, 4 conures, numerous cockatiels. He has 1 amazon and a senegal. Then their are the breeding pairs (conures, tiels, lovebirds):giggle:

He keeps saying his name isn't Noah (but it will only cost me $100 to change it):rofl:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
My experience with them has been that they are very snuggly and hands on when they are young, but when they hit maturity, they get less hands on, but are still very affectionate. They're good talkers, very smart, and are good at learning tricks. They can be noisy, but you have enough birds I don't think you'll notice :rofl:

·
Registered
127 Posts
My experience with them has been that they are very snuggly and hands on when they are young, but when they hit maturity, they get less hands on, but are still very affectionate. They're good talkers, very smart, and are good at learning tricks. They can be noisy, but you have enough birds I don't think you'll notice :rofl:

Lol! What would ever give you that idea?:giggle:

Thank you Jenny. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
I looked after someones ringneck while they were on holiday.

He was very cute, only a few months old. He was not quite as cuddly as say a baby conure, but he liked being scratched.
He was just starting to talk. IRN's can be exceptional talkers!

From what the owner told me, I gathered that he preferred to be sitting on your shoulder on on his cage near you, rather than snuggled up in my hair or climbing under your chin.

They actually can be very affectionate though, and love to perform tricks to get your attention.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Indian Ringnecks are wonderful birds, but they're not the affection type unlike Cockatiels and Green Cheeks for example. The other thing with them is that, they need quite a bit of one-on-one time, or else they go wild.

I don't regret one bit getting Keiba, he's a darling, but his bites really hurt, they've left holes in my fingers a few times.. other than that, I do recommend them if you can handle a bird like them. The bonus with Indian Ringnecks too is that they'll eat ANYTHING! I love that - Keiba and my other 7 baby Ringnecks have vegetables with rice, pasta etc and mash 2x a day, and they'll eat every bit until there's nothing left, they even go for seconds and thirds.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Indian Ringnecks are wonderful birds, but they're not the affection type unlike Cockatiels and Green Cheeks for example. The other thing with them is that, they need quite a bit of one-on-one time, or else they go wild.

I don't regret one bit getting Keiba, he's a darling, but his bites really hurt, they've left holes in my fingers a few times.. other than that, I do recommend them if you can handle a bird like them. The bonus with Indian Ringnecks too is that they'll eat ANYTHING! I love that - Keiba and my other 7 baby Ringnecks have vegetables with rice, pasta etc and mash 2x a day, and they'll eat every bit until there's nothing left, they even go for seconds and thirds.

Would you say they are similiar to a Poi then?

Personally I am a conure, cockatiel and amazon person and I find them very snuggly (except the amazons, they are very on their own terms snuggly, lol).

My husband however has the senegal and is very happy with him. He is not really one that likes handling, but Rob enjoys talking to him and interacting. He is wanting one that he can handle and talk to and play with so is leaning towards the IRN though I really wanted the Alexandrian, lol.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would you say they are similiar to a Poi then?

Personally I am a conure, cockatiel and amazon person and I find them very snuggly (except the amazons, they are very on their own terms snuggly, lol).

My husband however has the senegal and is very happy with him. He is not really one that likes handling, but Rob enjoys talking to him and interacting. He is wanting one that he can handle and talk to and play with so is leaning towards the IRN though I really wanted the Alexandrian, lol.
I have never owned a Poi, so I'm not sure. If Poi's are anything like IRN's (not cuddly, skittish if left for too long and not handled) then yes, they are like them.

Some IRN's can be cuddly, Keiba used to be, but not anymore.. but that's when he was wee young. Taking him to see some IRN's and have some time spent with them could help with the decision, you'll also be able to see what their personality and etc is like.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.