TalkParrots.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm excited that J. just ordered me a new graphic tablet from Staples, and it ought to be delivered to me by Thursday. It is a cheaper, small Wacom Intuos Graphic Drawing Tablet with digital pen and a Corel Paint-Drawing program included.

Once I get the hang of this model, I'll post my amazing Birb artwork on Talk Parrots❤️!

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
5,932 Posts
I have always wanted one of these .... you are so fortunate that Jay loves to spoil you!

I hope you enjoy the new art tab and do some great things with it ... I can't wait to see what you create!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always wanted one of these .... you are so fortunate that Jay loves to spoil you!

I hope you enjoy the new art tab and do some great things with it ... I can't wait to see what you create!

I've been watching YouTube instructional art videos on the GIMP, Corel Draw and, of course, the Wacom Intuos Graphic Drawing Tablet (closest to my model) since both art programs will work with my tablet and pen, and I want to be ready for the upcoming ART ATTACK! :wink2:

*tries to contain excitement* HUZZAH!

pen pressure deluxe

·
Super Moderator
5,932 Posts
I've been watching YouTube instructional art videos on the GIMP, Corel Draw and, of course, the Wacom Intuos Graphic Drawing Tablet (closest to my model) since both art programs will work with my tablet and pen, and I want to be ready for the upcoming ART ATTACK! :wink2:

*tries to contain excitement* HUZZAH!

pen pressure deluxe

This looks like fun ... now I have to check Amazon and see what they have for me!

Art Attack? A TVO special featuring Neil what'shisface? Buchanan (who had to come on the news recently to say he wasn't DEAD!) Do you remember this program?

I loved watching this ... good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=5Dsb_r8qDss

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This looks like fun ... now I have to check Amazon and see what they have for me!

Art Attack? A TVO special featuring Neil what'shisface? Buchanan (who had to come on the news recently to say he wasn't DEAD!) Do you remember this program?

I loved watching this ... good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=5Dsb_r8qDss

Yep, I remember Neil Buchanan's Art Attack show -- I especially enjoyed his massive expansive projects that required an overhead camera shot to give the whole picture of the piece he was working on. (A bit like guessing a puzzle scene before all the pieces are connected.)

Since I like working with messy mixed media in my art -- he was a bit of a kindred soul -- and you could watch the show without worrying about cleaning up afterwards. xD

Neil Buchanan hasn't completely disappeared, by the way, he has been working as a professional musician, because "music has always been his first love."

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1R9Tps2-S8&list=PL525ACC3796A8230A]You Tube | We Just Wanna Get High[/ame]

But from what I've heard, (re: above music sample) I think Buchanan has been huffing too much spray paint without a proper face covering. :crying:❤️

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So my Wacom Intuos tablet got delivered, but I spent almost all day going through registering my unit, and downloading the driver, as well as working at downloading the bonus Clip Studio software by Corel, which would not download for me without telephoning tech support -- and >ahem< once the link got downloaded it took ages to start & open (think: an extra big old-fashioned Windows hourglass icon stuck in one's bottom!) BUT despite the nerdy tech-conflicts, it has all come together, and I can legally get digitally creative.

Today I moved graphic files around into sensible manageable image files (well labeled to be understood and found easier) to serve as reference/inspiration for my future art projects.

I found an excellent tutorial on Clip Studio, yesterday, and I will re-watch until all of the tools make sense and for me to easily access. Unfortunately, just clicking icons and buttons helter-skelter just doesn't cut it -- no matter how "organic" that might seem. Huzzah for teaching an old Sweet P. new tricks! xD

·
Super Moderator
5,932 Posts
So my Wacom Intuos tablet got delivered, but I spent almost all day going through registering my unit, and downloading the driver, as well as working at downloading the bonus Clip Studio software by Corel, which would not download for me without telephoning tech support -- and >ahem< once the link got downloaded it took ages to start & open (think: an extra big old-fashioned Windows hourglass icon stuck in one's bottom!) BUT despite the nerdy tech-conflicts, it has all come together, and I can legally get digitally creative.

Today I moved graphic files around into sensible manageable image files (well labeled to be understood and found easier) to serve as reference/inspiration for my future art projects.

I found an excellent tutorial on Clip Studio, yesterday, and I will re-watch until all of the tools make sense and for me to easily access. Unfortunately, just clicking icons and buttons helter-skelter just doesn't cut it -- no matter how "organic" that might seem. Huzzah for teaching an old Sweet P. new tricks! xD

I think you mentioned last year you got a new computer ... does your newish computer have a disc drive?

My new computer which is now a year old does not have a slide out disc drive and so I am nervous about ordering anything that needs software installs. I hate going to a site to download a driver or some software and sitting and waiting and feeling out of my element with that.

Why do computer company's make it so hard to have something so simple ?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you mentioned last year you got a new computer ... does your newish computer have a disc drive?

My new computer which is now a year old does not have a slide out disc drive and so I am nervous about ordering anything that needs software installs. I hate going to a site to download a dthink we must wrap river or some software and sitting and waiting and feeling out of my element with that.

Why do computer company's make it so hard to have something so simple ?

So, Mr. P., I think we must wrap our minds around the fact that disc drives are now a thing of the past. Yes, my LENOVO ideapad 110 laptop comes with some sort of slide out disc player, but it is faulty at best -- and I got a CD stuck in it once, and J. cursed from this side of town and onwards to Toronto, so I'm quite surprised that this is the first that you've heard of this. Somehow he managed to get the CD out without scratching the CD (and I played it on my portable CD player with good headphones -- Handmaid's Tale by M. Atwood -- television series) but many laptops are leaving out the capability to play CDs and DVDs to save techie-time and money. Instead, plug in your flash drive in a side USB port, or go directly to the product website, and download the most current driver that corresponds to your product. Mr.P, we just have to trust the industry that all will work out fine in the end.

Now, to lighten the tone of this post, I will share with you a little cartoon that I created today with my new Wacom tablet + pen and the GIMP. It's not perfect, but was created in play.

As I am typing this, J. is singing and playing his acoustic guitar and little flying birdies are making shadows on the draped side window outside. Can't be grumpy when so much creativity is possible. Have a great day, Mr. P. 🧡 ~Sweet Parakeet

·
Super Moderator
5,932 Posts
So, Mr. P., I think we must wrap our minds around the fact that disc drives are now a thing of the past. Yes, my LENOVO ideapad 110 laptop comes with some sort of slide out disc player, but it is faulty at best -- and I got a CD stuck in it once, and J. cursed from this side of town and onwards to Toronto, so I'm quite surprised that this is the first that you've heard of this. Somehow he managed to get the CD out without scratching the CD (and I played it on my portable CD player with good headphones -- Handmaid's Tale by M. Atwood -- television series) but many laptops are leaving out the capability to play CDs and DVDs to save techie-time and money. Instead, plug in your flash drive in a side USB port, or go directly to the product website, and download the most current driver that corresponds to your product. Mr.P, we just have to trust the industry that all will work out fine in the end.

Now, to lighten the tone of this post, I will share with you a little cartoon that I created today with my new Wacom tablet + pen and the GIMP. It's not perfect, but was created in play.

As I am typing this, J. is singing and playing his acoustic guitar and little flying birdies are making shadows on the draped side window outside. Can't be grumpy when so much creativity is possible. Have a great day, Mr. P. &#55358;&#56801; ~Sweet Parakeet

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo ..... handmaids tale was stuck in the drive? NOT GOOD .... So I see you Lenovo'd ... I have done some work on a friends Lenovo and I liked it fine. I thought I just might invest in a Lenovo at some point in my life but I still want a disc drive to upload stuff I have on old computers that's not backed up on hubs.

OH WELL ....

I'm pleased to see you are working at your art tablet already and creating, I like our new mascot. LOL

Let J serenade you and you can both enjoy your day doing what you love .... life is good that way.

HUGS .... Mr. P.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts