Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a few weeks ago I went to the local bird specialty store (well, not so local - I refuse to go to the one I worked at for how they treated me and the birds) and got lots of snapshots! :grin:

We have 2 Queen of Bavaria, or Golden, conures - the one on the left is a juvenile (which is why there's so much green) and the right is the adult!

An Amazon... I can't remember the type! But GORGEOUS!

Next is a baby African Cape Parrot I've been oogling for months now - I want him so bad!

A Galah aka Rose Breasted Cockatoo

Dusky Pionus baby... absolutely adorable, but a little shy ;)

We have a Canenday or Blue Throat Macaw baby - they're a little smaller than a Blue and Gold and really rare - about $3-4,000!

Another one of my dream birds - a baby Hawk Headed Parrot! They're such GORGEOUS birds - their temperament is like a mix between an Amazon and a Cockatoo... very needy, clingy, and cuddly, but very one person, loud, and attitude! :rofl: Not a bird for the inexperienced!

Lastly, the coup de etat... a HYACINTH! :grin: I came up and said 'Hi!' and he went "...HIIIIIII!" and waved! :giggle: Then we snuggled for a little bit and I said "good bird!" and be BOWED! Such a smart boy!

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow what beautiful birds. I would love to go there. Is that the store you work at? Do they have alot of neat toys and cages for the birds?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No - the store I work at won't let me back in because someone called animal care and control for their neglect of the birds after I left (4 inch high piles of poop, no water, etc) and they blame me :hammer: Whatever, I hate that place. I just miss my babies :frown: I worked with and raised those birds for all their lives, and some of them are over a year old and still there...

This is the other store in the area, about 40 minutes from my house. They have TONS of cages and toys, hold weekly sales, etc. It's a great store - just a little pricey because it's in Boca Raton aka Richy Rich area :rofl:

·
Registered
339 Posts
They are all beautiful! :)
You should take them all home.. ;)

Reactions: Jenny

·
Registered
509 Posts
Jenny, thats awful! I had no idea!

They are stunning birds! all of them are my dream parrots!
especially that HYACINTH!

NZ doesn't really have any petshops dedicated to birds. Well, not near me, anyway.

I would be in heaven at that store! :lovehearts:

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
that store has so many rare birds! I'd love it XD
that's awful though what happened :(

Reactions: Jenny
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.