TalkParrots.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use glass water bottles for my birds, they're cleaner, easier to sterilize, more hygenic for the birds, and just easier all around. :) I scrub them twice a week and change the drinking water every other day.
What do you guys prefer?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have two plastic dishes that I use and switch around every couple days so I can clean the other (I give fresh water every day, or if it is soiled)

I've never thought about using glass :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use glass bottles, but I still put the water dishes in because if they want to bath they can't do it with the bottles. I can not take their water dishes away, they have too much fun and make a big mess, but I love to watch.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use both I prefer water bottles they stay cleaner and I don't have to worry about the birds drinking yucky water.

That said not all my birds will use them.:(

Everyday I put a pan of water in each cage for the birds to bathe with.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use plastic dishes. I change the water once a day, and switch out the dishes twice a week to clean them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, didn't relize to many people use water bottles. i've personally one ever used dishes and change them every day, or for the conures a few times a day. They like to make soup

·
Registered
16 Posts
i used to use dishes for both my fids, but switched to bottles a while back. lentil likes to dunk her pellets, and it's less messy for her to take a chaser from the bottle than "making soup", as enna put it, that simply reeks by the time i get home from work, lol. not only that, but she also liked to run into stokes' cage and mess up his water, then bail. :lol: then again, he gets even by running into her cage to eat all her food...lol. i left a "bathing dish" for them for a while, but they both seem to prefer a misting over a dip, so i quit doing that.

·
Registered
799 Posts
A water bottle sounds better, but none of my birds would take to it. I scrub all their dishes twice a day 'cause I'm a clean freak.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kayto has a bottle and a dish. He uses his bottle for drinking, and dish for bathing and fun aha. The rest of my birds just have dishes. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use both. My water dishes are changed 2x a day and sterilized with boiling water. My bottles are changed every other day, although they are checked every day for blockage. Some birds will put a pellet in the end, so I do not rely soley on the bottles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.