Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
when i got the lovebirds i was told they were 9 and 10 weeks. mango being 10 weeks, munch being 9....

but they had black on their beaks still, munch having more...

pardon the fact that theyre all scruffy. they werent in the best shape when i got them lol plucked. munch had no tail and a bad attempt of a clip (the tips off of each of her wing feathers??)

they also have eating issues lol more munch than mango. munch is VERY picky about what she eats. she is getting better and im trying to get her to eat more pellets... shes hit or miss. some days she eats them, other days she wont. she ALWAYS eats her veggies as she loves them but also hardly touches her seeds other than sunflowers. and ive attempted to remove them but she literally refuses to eat the other seed. ive left the dish in while making sure she has her veggies so she wont go hungry for days as she will NOT eat the other seeds, she is so stubborn. im wondering if maybe she wasnt weaned properly as she was handfed from hatching. but she wasnt handled right either...

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
poor things, maybe they were :shrug:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i make bird treats and she eats the seed on those... and the pellets...

i think because munch doesnt get the best diet out of her own stubborn issues, im trying to get her mostly on a pellet based diet. so instead of having pellets as a side dish, i think i will make them her main dish and offer seeds as the side dish. but im not expecting success with her. shes stubborn.

i just wonder if she wasnt weaned right.

mango is good at eating all of the seeds and everything you feed him... munch no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.