Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yoshi our red-fronted kakariki IS a girl!

Chewee was doing the naughty when Alex walked into the room :yikes:

that was unexpected! We're having to use a make shift nest box for them until we can buy/make one, I'm out of ply board and we have nowhere to get one from until later in the week! Make shift will have to do :lol:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Daisy,
On the linnie forum, people are always talking about boys "interacting" with boys. :whistle: I do hope you get some eggs, though.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well when Flash and Yoshi were together in the breeding thing there was a suspicious amount of eggs laid! Haha!

·
Registered
993 Posts
ahahaha i didnt know birds could um...be wired that way that would be weird Ill cross my fingers though, kak's look so cute too bad I think im full cept for if a grey runs my way

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
So are Flash and Yoshi both hens?

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the looks of things nanay! Haha I know Flash is.

And awwwh Kaks are hectic anyways haha. I don't blame you for perhaps getting a grey!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got a couple of hen cockatiels that are siblings from the same nest that paired up. They don't mate but one begs to be mated while the other looks confused and just preens the other ones bottom. The begging one lays eggs and they both sit in the big dish (where the eggs are laid) overnight, one sits in the day as well. Strangely enough the father of these bird has gay tendencies, he has a mate obviously as they produced these birds but he has strong feeling for a male cockatiel (who has a mate) and prefers the company of him and will call to him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.