Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, first time posting here :)

I've got 5 budgie's and currently have this cage;

http://www.petvillas.co.uk/parrot-bird/bird-cages/ferplast-piano-6-bird-cage-white?variant_id=404

I feel INCREDIBLY cold hearted and cruel saying all of this, please don't judge me!

However, I'm just thinking down the line, if I were to end up without budgies, what birds would be appropriate for this cage? It's a fantastic cage and I'd hate to get rid of it.

But I am thinking that when the time comes and my budgie's do pass on, what birds would you say could use and abuse this cage till their hearts content?

I'm very interested in getting a senegal/conure, but I fear that the bars arn't really what they need! So, any bird suggestions/opinions on the cage would be appreciated. :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
welcome to the forum firstly :biggrin5:

it says "The Ferplast Piano 6 Bird Cage is perfect for small birds like Budgies, Canaries, Finches etc" on the description, I would definitely not house in it anything bigger than that, I've seen these cages in my local pet stores and they are pretty flimsy. You may consider a tiel but I still wouldn't go for anything bigger than a budgie in there, I'm not trying to be mean I'm just considering your birds :thumbsup:

Are you in the UK? I am, and I find many really good cages online, so if you need any help choosing one I'd gladly send you some links :yesnod:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I don't really want a 'dinky' bird after these guys though, it'll just be a shame to have to get rid of the cage if thats the case! If I were to be getting another bird, it would be on its own so I wouldn't be looking at a massive cage, just something that could handle a conure/senegal :)

If you could send some links over (wont be a few years yet mind, but always nice to have references!) then I'd appreciate it :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
hey, dinky birds can still be awesome :p I keep dinky birds from finches to parrotlets and I've had lovebirds and enjoy them all :biggrin5:

http://www.petvillas.co.uk/parrot-b...rta-voyager-medium-parrot-cage?variant_id=553 is the one I'm currently keeping my cockatiel in, it's really good for anything up to the size of an amazon

http://www.petvillas.co.uk/parrot-bird/parrot-cages/liberta-corner-parrot-cage?variant_id=561 I know people with these who find them really good too :D

this is where I get mine from, and these have a good range of medium cages

http://shop.parrotcare.com/parrot-cages-medium-12-c.asp

the one I had was the first link and looks like this

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eeeeek, £150! Seems like a good cage though, I guess it'd be all about convincing the other half if he could accept another addition to our fids. I'm sure he'd have NO real complaints, just recently I've become a bit animal mad with wanting our dogs-to-be, and a rescue cat, and all that stuff. (Who wouldn't love a house full of animals?)

Birds have to be my all time favourite, and who could refuse the chance of these quirky little pets?!

I never said dinky was bad! Just that dinky was a bit old for me now, had budgies since as far back as I can remember and I think it's about time this flock was my last, but who knows!

Thanks for the links, I used petvillas to order my ferplast cage - the cage was damaged from two different companies and so I blame ferplast not petvillas who were fantastic with their customer services, offering refunds, collections and even replacement parts/cage swap (but were unable to as my item was out of stock!). They then sent my fids some toys as a partial refund or apology for me having to diy my cage and the trouble I went through! :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
yeah I got a cage from pet villas and the service was awesome!

I don't blame you for wanting more animals though :lol:

are your budgies hand tame? Or are they just good at chilling in their cage haha?

Oh 150 is nothing, I've seen cages over a grand :yikes:

·
Registered
353 Posts
like Dee said, that cage would be awesome for keeping anything like budgies or finches etc, but no way conures or senegals, you could pick up a large cage quite cheap second hand

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know 150 isn't really much considering how long you'd have the cage for, it's just not something I could spare /right now/ and 2 out of 5 budgies are "semi hand tamed" in the sense that, they will fly off if they are not near the other budgies. One of them is great when alone, but the flock just rather stay as that unfortunately :(

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
you could keep the 2 that are semi hand tame in a separate cage if that would help?

either way it's up to you :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yea If I Was You Don't Put Anything Bigger Than A Budgie. Parrotlets are cute and fun birds as long as you get a baby to tame. they can live in that cage! but i wouldn't even recommend 1 tiel in that cage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.