Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
321 - 340 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
February 2013 Set Ups...

Tiel's cage top playgym

Tiel's set up

the tiels have a privacy corner, they go there when they want quiet time, it's where they sleep.

Mango's cage set up

Munch's cage set up

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
changed my set-up :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Awwwww, there are some gorgeous and sweet setups posted on here. You all have got lucky birdies.

Here some pics of Joes and Tillys cages. I must add that we got Tilly only last Sunday and I don't want to change her cage as for now into a bigger one, as I've already made changes to her cage itself by cleaning and rearranging and changing food bowls, toys, etc ( ... not to mention the big change she had to experience: new surroundings, new momma and daddy .... )

Also want to mention that we want to go and look for another kitchen trolley like the white one Joes cage is on and get her play gym a bit more friendly too.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here is the new layout for the cockatiels and the new set-up for the lovebirds. Since I got the lovebirds I am running out of toys and only have 8 toys for each cage but hopefully I will be able to get more toy making stuff sometime this week. The tray to this cage is really stupidly made and keeps falling out so I had to use the grate :( .

·
Registered
145 Posts
Some awesome setups here. It is nice to see how everyone comes up with there own ideas. You all should see what my first cages looked like. I had this great idea of making them myself. Now that i look back it was the best ones ever although at the time it caused many an argument at home and soooo much frustration. Here is my today cage. Several years later,lol

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
My current cage set ups. The white Vision cage is for the budgies and the green one is for the lovebird, although they go back and forth between the cages throughout the day. Nala and Chip's cage is open all day and Kuzco's is open whenever I am home to keep an eye on him. Also excuse the mess, I'd just arrive home from a weekend away.

Engineering Machine Technology Space Desk

Pet supply Electrical wiring Engineering Composite material Gas

Gas Tints and shades Glass Metal Machine

Art Storage basket Basket Twig Rope

Circuit component Wood Electrical wiring Computer hardware Hardware programmer

Wood Gas Machine Cylinder Hardwood

Building Window Plant Wood Fixture

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
621 Posts
Here are my cages, The pictures were taken a while ago so the set up inside are different. For example in the second image the bottom cage is practically empty that is where my current rose crown conure sits the cage above is my Linnie and the first cage is still my parrotlet. The last cage was just before I got my Rose crown and my linnie was on the bottom and my parrotlet was on the top.

Attachments

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Administrator
6,830 Posts
Here are my cages, The pictures were taken a while ago so the set up inside are different. For example in the second image the bottom cage is practically empty that is where my current rose crown conure sits the cage above is my Linnie and the first cage is still my parrotlet. The last cage was just before I got my Rose crown and my linnie was on the bottom and my parrotlet was on the top.
This was my Rose crown Conures quarantine cage which now i use as a play cage in my living area...

Nice set ups, lots of toys and things to keep a birdy happy and entertained.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I always love seeing other people's cages :giggle: It always helps give new ideas to people and inspire people to try new things with their cages 👍

I have my linnies in an 18x18 Clean Life cage right now, though they'll be upgraded to a King's Cage that is 24x20 :D One of the perks of my job - customer donated the cage because they didn't want it and I snagged it! 👏 They love their boing I added a few weeks ago as well as their happy hut! Anything they can shred and bury themselves in is a hit!

My parrotlets are in the same, 18x18 though they will get an upgrade when we have the cash. We're looking into the HQ Flight for them ;) They love to shred and destroy everything! And bells... they love to attack and beat up their bells :yesnod:

My tiel is in a 24x18 cage which was another snag from work :giggle: I don't have a picture of it, though, just got it 2 days ago! He's not that in to his toys, he's a 9 year old rescue who never had toys. He does love to chomp on cuttle bones ALL the time! :rolleyes:

How about everyone else? What kind of cage is your bird in? Any cage brands/models you recommend for a new owner as the best for a species? Any fun tips/toys you think a small bird absolutely HAS to have?

321 - 340 of 341 Posts