Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have a nightly routine with your birds? What time do they go to bed each night?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't have a routine.. They all go to sleep when I go to sleep :) But they do go in to their cage before it's 9/10 PM to ensure they get enough time to rest :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I usually cover the cages between 8 and 9 every night. As I walk over with the cover the budgies jump to their sleeping spots(swings). I uncover around 8 in the morning and the linnie is always awake but the budgies are still sometimes sleeping.

·
Registered
392 Posts
They usually go in around 10pm, although they're not too happy about it, they start talking and fooling around just like kids trying to stall me :lol:.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine rise and sleep with the sun. Right now it gets dark enough for them to start geting ready for at 7 - 7:30 ish and then they get up around 6 i think. I wouldn't know as i sleep right through all the noise. I did however get to enjoy watching them wake up once as i stay up all night long

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
My linnies and parrotlets go to bed around 8-9 when it gets dark and wake with the sun. My upstairs birds (goober and moose) are up with me until 11 at the latest and wake up with me around 8-9 am. They're upstairs and quiet to themselves during the day and nap a lot in the afternoon to make up a little extra sleep.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine go to bed around 8:30 but not always asleep. I cover them but if they here me moving around they start making noise. They are up with the sun, but not too noisy until I uncover them.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mojito gets covered at 9, Asleep at 10. Awake at 6:30 with cute pretty boys that only wake me, and uncovered by 9 when my step dad gets up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mine go to sleep when I go to sleep which is about 10-11. I cover them at 10 and if I'm still awake they will make noises and play quietly until I turn off the lights. They wake up at about 7 and take a nap at 12-1pm

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine sleep whenever I sleep (Or a little later, if my mom stays up,) and then wake up when I walk into the room from doing school. So they sleep around 12 AM - 2 AM, then wake up at 12 PM.

·
Registered
327 Posts
wow little night owls...mo used to do that but when i had to start going to bed earlier he would keep me up by playing with his toys so i had to change his shed.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My Linnies go to bed around 9 pm and my conures go to bed in their sleep cages at 7 pm. Everyone is up around 6:30-7 am The Linnies get to stay up later because they take naps throughout the day, my conures don't take naps.
Zoe is funny because if I try to sleep in a little later like 8 am, she starts calling out by saying peek-a-boo. She starts out softly as if to say, "Is anyone there?"and gets progressively louder as if to say"Hey it's time to get up, I'm hungry!!":lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine go to sleep before 10:30 ;D
They don't actually sleep, they stay up with the cloth on them.
And then a few more minutes later their dozing off!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only fids of mine who have a bed time are the conures, cause they're cranky little so-and-so's when they don't get enough sleep. They're put in their sleep cage in a quiet/dark room at 8:30pm, and wake up around 7:30am most days. :) The others are in their cages by 10:30pm most nights.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.