Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have more detail on him :) http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/indian-red-necked-parakeet-plus-large-cage/77804729
also email saying
Hi I would accept £40 for him, the reason being that I want him to go to someone who would really appreciate and look after him.
Just to let you know though he doesn't talk and doesn't like being handled but he does like you to talk to him and will come out of his cage and fly around and then just go back in by himself when he's had enough.
Cheers Linda

Im still waiting to find out how old he is also

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
sounds good to me, I'd pay that!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also just recieved

Hi I'm not sure of exact age when I got him they said he was approx. 15 and I've had him six months. He is definitely male as he has the black ring round his neck which defines his sex apparently the females don't get the ring.

Do you live far away from me, I am in Consett, there is someone coming to see him in the morning so if you wanted to come as well your welcome, I will be in tonight.

Linda

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I'd fight for that bird! Haha, would you get him and the kakarikis? or just him?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My partner does not know yet :giggle: i will have to ask him first

I dont know if he is 15 months or 15 years :shrug: also shouldn't he be talking by now

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could always say to your partner you found him in a box on the doorstep:giggle:
Seriously it does happen, I've heard of this on several forums, someone had a pair of greys dumped on their doorstep once!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a half an hour drive from me but i cant drive lol
I think i would of took him if i can drive and see if he notices another bird ha ha

Are they louder than tiels

·
Registered
35 Posts
They can be, they make quite a strange call noise, you are best to google ringneck sounds and have a listen.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
they can get VERY loud, but they're adorable when it comes to talking, also not every bird talks, it differs from bird to bird, so you can't expect it to talk.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
15years because it take 3 years for the ring to apear and they are very loud birds but very rewarding

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Iv sent her a message if he is 15 months i will get him and my partner has agreed to that

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
i wouldnt advise you to get him if he is so old because INRs are very much one people birds and if you not that person they can be mean, not saying that this happens with every bird but its very common my INR wont go near anyone in the house but me and he trys to scare my sister by lunging at her:rolleyes: i think its pretty funny . she doesnt:giggle:

·
Registered
993 Posts
yeah I agree jess, I hear ring necks are hard to tame if they havent been socialized at a young age, and it doesnt sound like he has been then again you may be his only chance at a good home if hes 15, im sure youll make the best choice for you no matter what, but I bet you could get a young one for pretty cheap

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Well, at least your partner agreed. Now to find the right bird - unless you have decided this one is it.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I couldn't agree more, even if he is fairly old this will make him hard to tame but to be honest they did say that he wasn't tame anyways, so I wouldn't see a problem there.

Also as the others said in his older age he may be a lot harder to rehome, so perhaps you should take him to ensure a good life

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Make a thread about the new tiel :D congrats!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.