Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will there be next top model competition??

5K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Ella 
#1 ·
I know that over at talkbudgies, next top model is one of our favourite competitions, and I was wondering if we'd be having it here some time?? :photo:

#4 ·
Any particular reason? It's usually one of the most successful contests :lol:

And I know Nick and Dave definitely want to do one and know everyone enjoys it, I think it's just a matter of settling everything in and getting everything working on the level they want on the structural side of the forum as well as making sure there is enough members before they start it up! Don't worry, it'll happen! :lol:

#7 ·
I would love to see Top Model here and will be glad to help out as I've done quite few of them now. It is the most popular competition on the boards so I can't imagine it not happening here.:)

For anyone who doesn't know what Top Model is in the bird world you can visit Talk Budgies..we have a Top Model competition going on right now.:) Lots of fun!

#8 ·
I'm sure there will be one sometime but i think Dave's saving it for when the forum gets bigger :)

#11 ·
I disagree... not aimed at a primary level at all. The Linnie Forum is a good example as it it mostly made up of older adults...20 and up and it was just as well received there as Talk Budgies where we do have more of a mix including much younger members.:)

Members seem to always look forward to it so I don't see it bringing down the forums and I think there are many of us here who have a lot of experience on forums.:)

#14 · (Edited)
I agree forums are for getting and sharing knowledge, but it never hurts to have some fun as well and there can never be too many pictures.:)

Top Model in no way takes over the forum. On Talk Budgies it now has it's own sub forum in the competition section(as does the Linnie Forum) so if a member doesn't like it they don't have to go to that forum and members can also block particular forums that they don't care to read or participate in and that really solves the problem for everyone.:)

With having a lot of experience on forums then you should realize that there will always be some aspect of the forum you don't care for or things/people you don't agree with and there is a choice. You can ignore those things and let the people who do enjoy them have their fun. :) Admin has made it very easy to ignore threads, forums, and people if they make you upset or you don't like them.:)

#15 · (Edited)
If it were to happen, it won't be for awhile yet. Maybe it could be suggested (if not already) that a separate section could be made for the contest(s).

I don't see the difference between posting photos of your bird(s) and a competition which again, it would be posting photos of your bird, only it's for a competition - no big deal really.

Why try ruin the fun people would like to have? it's your opinion, but if it's been successful on other forums without problems then it'd go pretty smoothly here. Again, that's why I said suggest perhaps a different section for it, if you don't like it you don't have to read that particular section where the contest is being done - stick to posting elsewhere if that's what you prefer.

It's not going to 'miss the point' of the forums because there's still going to be people posting that don't participate, not everyone is going to want to do it, but for those who do, it's not going to make you lose sleep over it.

As for being harassed I don't see any member forcing people to post photos, they from what I've seen, post at their own free will.

#20 ·
Everyones entitled to an opinion. :yesnod:
You don't have to compete, comment, or really have anything to do with the competition if you don't want to.

But a lot of other members like it:photo: so I'm sure most would like it to go ahead. :yesnod:

#28 ·
:hehe: at this rate, we should start a Pokemon sub-thread! Will it beat out the twilight one, I wonder? :rofl: I love the looks I get when I wear this shirt though, I'm 24 and attending a major university for a degree in Education, I just tell people I'm 'connecting with my studends' :biggrin: Even though they're high school kids, they love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.