Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have not been on in a while, but I needed somewhere to talk. My cranky yet endearing Kermit passed away today when we were not home. I don't really know why. I am completely devastated.

She had been a part of our family for almost 6 years. I got her as a baby from a breeder in Ohio, and she went camping at the Kentucky Horse Park that same weekend since we were on our way there from Michigan when we picked her up. She even went to my art class with me there.

She loved to ride on toy cars as the kids pushed them up and down the hall way. The faster the better! She fell in love with a Bob White Quail that we had in the house for a while, when it's foot was injured. She hated rubber duckies with a vengeance. She had learned to sing pretty songs from our Splendid parakeets, and we encouraged her when ever we could to use her 'pretty voice'. If you had food that she wanted (which was pretty much anything), she would offer to share the food she had with you, by regurgitating. We'd tell her no thanks, but share ours anyway. Her favorites were mac n cheese, eggs, and ice cream (though she got none of those often). She made the funniest squawky noises when she took a bath in her water dish, or found a piece of paper to play with. She also held a tail feather in her foot when she was sleepy, as a sort of security blanket. She was a cocky little bird, in true Conure style. Absolutely a big bird in a little body.

Kermie, you are missed terribly.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen you on here, so hello from me :) and I'm very very sorry for your loss :(

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm so sorry! You must be devastated. Kermit was beautiful.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss! It's definitely losing a member of the family. Are you doing anything to try to figure out why he died for the safety of your other birds?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am so sorry for your loss! It's definitely losing a member of the family. Are you doing anything to try to figure out why he died for the safety of your other birds?
No, I don't believe it is anything that would harm my other birds. My best guess is that it was one of her seizures, based on the position she was found in. :(

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I am sorry to hear about Kermit. I know he was very special.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Absolutely beautiful bird and adorable pictures. That's really too bad. I'm sorry. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.