Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to give birds like caprisuns mixed with water? Only as like a treat.
Caprisuns are a fruit drink incase someone doesn't know what it is.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
I think it is because there may be other things added in. Smoothies that are like 100% fruit and veg seem okay though

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I've heard of people giving their birds juice before, generally it's recommended to give 100% fruit juice, organic if possible, if you're giving them more than a taste. But if you're talking the occasional treat, just a taste, it should be fine. I wouldn't fill their dish with it or anything. Goober tastes most everything I eat or drink :rolleyes: Just a taste, so she feels involved, and some things she's NOT allowed, obviously, but she really likes cranberry juice mixed with ginger ale :giggle:

This month's bird talk had an interesting article on tea for birds - if it's naturally decaffinated, herbal tea, of a few specific varieties (marigold, peppermint, chamomile, etc) it's safe for birds even very beneficial to them, and makes a fun enrichment option :)

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Thanks Jenny I'll be sure to check that out! I make my own birdie smoothies and they love it. Just get their fave stuff, blender it (forgot the word...) keep it pretty thick and then add pellets and seeds! Works like a charm hehe ;)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I have given my birds dandelion tea once, but it wasn't a hit. Perhaps they need more opportunity to develop a taste for it. I couldn't imagine that it would have been bad for them because dandelion is considered safe. I LOVE dandelion tea.

Roni never tries to steal anything I am eating or drinking, with one exception - cranberry juice. Jenny, do you think Roni and Goober have been communicating? Their behavior gets more and more similar. If so, tell Goober NOT to communicate about the foot fettish thing, please!!!

I shall have to try mixing cranberry juice with ginger ale myself. That sounds very interesting.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I have given my birds dandelion tea once, but it wasn't a hit. Perhaps they need more opportunity to develop a taste for it. I couldn't imagine that it would have been bad for them because dandelion is considered safe. I LOVE dandelion tea.

Roni never tries to steal anything I am eating or drinking, with one exception - cranberry juice. Jenny, do you think Roni and Goober have been communicating? Their behavior gets more and more similar. If so, tell Goober NOT to communicate about the foot fettish thing, please!!!

I shall have to try mixing cranberry juice with ginger ale myself. That sounds very interesting.
It's very tasty, Nanay, and it's generally served with a shot of vodka or gin :whistle: I do it virgin 90% of the time tho :giggle:

And I'll make sure I turn my computer off at night - perhaps she's sending Roni emails while we sleep? :p I hope Roni doesn't develop her foot fetish or her screaming!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.