Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first the bad news. Well my local family run pet shop owner is amazing and after serving us for 8 years! She is leaving due to her boss and fighting. Her passion for animals is a insperation to me and everyone who knows her as she takes amazing care of animals and tops up water, food and cleans the cages daily! She gets people from all over just to see her and have a chat because she is so friendly and nice and to be honest that is the only reason why they leave there pets there because she is so amazing!

She never wanted to leave the business but her boss is too much for her therefore she must new work but her good news is that she might start a pet sittting service and we are already on the list!

Ok now the good news! We might, it is only a might, be getting a pair of cockatiels which we might breed. They are a bonded pair, one is a lutino and is a girl which has the name of peaches, she has laid 2 sets of eggs which have been infertile but she is already hand tame, loves scratches and cuddles and is ok with baths and fruit and veg (not to mention cameras :photo:)
The other is a normal grey who is male who goes by the name of Mr hissy or Mr grey and and has breeded with her, they are strongly bonded and he is semi hand tame likes head scratches not as much but still does but he is a rescue and has been abused all his life so it will be nice for him.
If we don't breed them we will still have them as pets, they are amazing.

Ok now the questions,

How can you stop them from laying as we don't want them to get deficentys (spelling is bad ), stress or over laying?

Should I get them???

We have already seen a cage we like (a flight cage)

Now why, do you say, are they getting rid of them?
The boss is going into fish and if they are not sold he will sell this bonded pair sepratly and they are so bonded to each other if we don't take them both it is unfair for them

Thanks for reading and answering the questions, sorry it is long :eek:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Oh, wow! I'm excited for you! (And jealous, I would love to breed....)

I think it's a great idea to breed, as long as you know for sure where if you're going to keep the babies and if not, where they will go.

If you breed them, make sure they have lots and lots of nutrition and calcium, especially the female. That is very important for healthy babies and smooth egg laying. You don't want her to get egg bound!!

Make sure you research all you can about breeding and be very prepared.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I decided to get another budgie called Willow instead however we still might be getting a cockatiel :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.