Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If money were no object, what would your dream parrot be? What parrot have you always admired (for whatever reason you have) but never had the opportunity to adopt?

For me, I think I have my dream parrot: a quaker. They're cute, smart, quirky, and fun. I used to always want an African grey, or a senegal, or maybe even a macaw for myself - but Harpo (my quaker) is so fulfilling, and has brought so much joy to my life, that I don't think I could be any more satisfied, nor could he ever be replaced. :lovehearts:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Hmm... I think it would be either a Hawk-headed Parrot or a Hyacinth Macaw :thumbsup: or a Queen of Bavaria Conure... :lol: I change my mind, I want one of everything! :rofl:

·
Registered
38 Posts
If money were no object I would love to have a real bird room with at least a Palm Cockatoo and a Hyancinth. The more the merrier!

·
Registered
38 Posts
If money were no object. I would love to have a bird room with a Palm cockatoo and a Hyacinth. The more the merier!

·
Registered
177 Posts
i just got our dream parrot... a CAG.

of course i'd love to get (if/when we have the room, money, and time) a Too, a blue and gold, and an amazon...

big dreamer eh!? ;-)

·
Registered
86 Posts
A female Eclectus.

They're just so pretty! I've always admired those parrots, and their temperment sounds just right for me, too. :) I don't think I'll be getting one of those anytime soon, but I can dream. :p

·
Registered
143 Posts
A Meyers Parrot.. I love them.. But I also want a Cockatoo. Too bad they are sooo expensive and hard to train (they misbehave a lot, don't they?).

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Toos don't misbehave much as long as you're fairly strict with them and maintain a constant routine. It's when things are inconsistent that they start to have problems. And you have to be tolerant of screaming! :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
A conure, any type but I like green cheeked, sun, and jenday conures best. I'd love to have one like Marit's Koda too :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quaker I think.
Though most are my dream parrots, I guess.
I love mine, but Quaker's my 'dream' bird because I'm not currently in a situation where I could keep a loud parrot in the same room I work from.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Honestly, i can't say i ever want anymore birds then what i have now. I recently Loss Scooter a female budgie in my spangle genes (was going to be a future breeder for a DFS) and nearly loss hugs a male cockatiel. I've spent near $500 in tests and things to yet have a result as to why they got sick and its hard. I really don't Think i will get anymore birds now.

I did at one point really want a Slate linnie. Gosh i'm just inlove with them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I'd like a conure of some sort or a lorrikeet, It's a shame I came so close to getting a green cheecked conure too.:(

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.