Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your bird's most unreasonable fear? For example, something that most other birds enjoy but yours is terrified of...

Every bird I know (especially quakers) loves straws - to play with, chew, and organize in their cage. But Harpo is deathly afraid of straws, no matter what I do! I've tried to slowly acquaint him with them, but no luck. He always just flies away in fear. :giggle:

·
Registered
392 Posts
One thing my conures freak out about is the ironing board ( of all things ), :lol:. As soon as they see me opening up the board they start freaking out and contact calling. Maybe they think it's a giant bird opening it's wings ? :lol:, or maybe they just hate ironing as most of us do :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
ALL of my birds hate balloons. :rolleyes: I actually use a big deflated balloon to chase them off of windowsills when they feel like testing me. :eek:

·
Registered
277 Posts
My linnie is terrified of balloons. I had a purple one floating around on the floor and she was beside herself. It took me awhile to figure out what the problem was.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What is your bird's most unreasonable fear? For example, something that most other birds enjoy but yours is terrified of...

Every bird I know (especially quakers) loves straws - to play with, chew, and organize in their cage. But Harpo is deathly afraid of straws, no matter what I do! I've tried to slowly acquaint him with them, but no luck. He always just flies away in fear. :giggle:
I don't think that there is such a thing as an unreasonable fear. Whatever the animal fears is scary for them. Some might think it is unreasonable for me to fear the dentist because I haven't been hurt by one since I was a little kid, but it's still very scary for me:( But, I totally get what you are saying:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, keep in mind this is coming from someone who does behavior consulting for a living:shrug:

Vicki

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think my budgies' fear of ANY new food is pretty unreasonable. They are used to eating all their favorite things from my fingers, but it I offer ANYTHING new, they lean back as far as they can get as if I am holding a snake in their faces. I wonder if this is a preservation instinct to keep them from accidently eating something poisonous? They only want to eat what they see another budgie eating....but doesn't someone have to try it first?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Squeeking floor boards :rolleyes: I'm sure it sounds like something that could potentially eat them, but it still makes me giggle every time they freeze up due to my walking/shifting my weight :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
Merlin isterrified of any new toy. I have to play with the toy first then I have to hang it near the cage and slowly move it closer everyday. Then it can hang on the outside of the cage a day before it can move into the cage.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Any unusual noise. But I think that's just a normal instinct. Millie is still unhappy with something new (not including food) but deals with it well. Niblet has no fear :yesnod: Well maybe that's not true but there is so much difference between the two :shrug:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.