Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

• Love
Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts

Popeye was brilliant in his attempts to get the seebs .... at the 5 min mark on the video he was so so cockatoo-ish and funny to watch. He'd be looking around and stare right at the camera with each attempt at lifting the red lid and getting seeds. He was acting all suspicious like he knew he shouldn't be stealing ... but shifty eyed and all he finally figures it out and gets the goods.

Such a smart bird ... I dunno if I want to have a pack of these in my yard early every morning screaming and being brats.

Great clip Sweet P .... Thanks!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Popeye was brilliant in his attempts to get the seebs .... at the 5 min mark on the video he was so so cockatoo-ish and funny to watch. He'd be looking around and stare right at the camera with each attempt at lifting the red lid and getting seeds. He was acting all suspicious like he knew he shouldn't be stealing ... but shifty eyed and all he finally figures it out and gets the goods.

Such a smart bird ... I dunno if I want to have a pack of these in my yard early every morning screaming and being brats.

Great clip Sweet P .... Thanks!
You are most welcome. And yes, it's easy to forget that these are wild cockatoos that are learning how to open the seed puzzle-box. Makers Muse had worked with Popeye before with success -- if you check out his YouTube channel, you can see how Popeye learned to get seeds from an earlier model of a puzzle-box, by pulling out dowels to make the seeds tumble out of the contraption. And sometimes, when the seeds would get stuck, Popeye would stop and look directly at the camera for Makers Muse to come in and jiggle the puzzle to let the jammed seeds out. So, as Makers Muse admitted, "This cockatoo has trained me well to get his seeds." LOL

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
You are most welcome. And yes, it's easy to forget that these are wild cockatoos that are learning how to open the seed puzzle-box. Makers Muse had worked with Popeye before with success -- if you check out his YouTube channel, you can see how Popeye learned to get seeds from an earlier model of a puzzle-box, by pulling out dowels to make the seeds tumble out of the contraption. And sometimes, when the seeds would get stuck, Popeye would stop and look directly at the camera for Makers Muse to come in and jiggle the puzzle to let the jammed seeds out. So, as Makers Muse admitted, "This cockatoo has trained me well to get his seeds." LOL

They are amazing birbs ... funny that Popeye knows that he's trained his trainer, and trained him well. 🤣

1 - 4 of 4 Posts