Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I've had these bugger going on 4 years.
The male

The Female

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpT8v30H2mg"]YouTube - Female Zebra Finch[/nomedia]

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
What is the life expectancy for them?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I thought they were at 10-15 years? With an average of 5-7, depending on their breeding background. They do tend to be like budgies in the pet trade, they can be over bred because they breed so well and are cheap. So depending on their history, they can live up to 15 years. I had a customer at the pet shop who had had her zebra pair for 10 years and didn't know how old they were when she got them

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought they were at 10-15 years? With an average of 5-7, depending on their breeding background. They do tend to be like budgies in the pet trade, they can be over bred because they breed so well and are cheap. So depending on their history, they can live up to 15 years. I had a customer at the pet shop who had had her zebra pair for 10 years and didn't know how old they were when she got them
my pair only bred once after that they always knock out the eggs and she plucked he was plucking her so there separated for life.

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Hmmm mine are about three years old me thinks... not too sure though :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I just looked at the pics and your right I've never noticed that. Is their a way to fix it?
Keep a close eye on it - as long as she's eating and it's not overgrowing, she should be fine. You may have to take her to a vet for a beak trim, if it gets too long or she has troubles eating or anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.