Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well since Daisy( Catalinadee) has been posting some beautiful birds of prey pictures I went back to look at some zoo pictures from last year and thought maybe Id post them on here even though they're not really parrot pictures.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and here are some pics of birds from throughout the zoo. Also sorry for crappy camera quality I didnt have a good camera then.

and a peacock :D

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
gorgeous pictures, I can name most of them from the top I think

ground hornbill
bateleur
Eurasian eagle owl
Harris' hawk
turkey vulture
red-legged something :lol:
red-tailed hawk
kookaburra
emu
I don't know what the dove/pigeon is
or the ducks :lol:
I don't know the brown things, they look like a form of tree quail :rofl:
a bee-eater or roller? I'm unsure
and a peacock :D hehe

awesome, I might upload my zoo bird pics too if I have chance :thumbsup: thanks for sharing

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow haha good job :thumbsup: I want to get to the zoo this summer sometime because they redid the polar bear exhibit and its supposed to be really awesome now plus they moved the canadian section(it was down a reallly steep hill ) so now I can visit the bald eagles without any physical pain :lol: So hopefully I can add some better quality pics this summer as I would definately check out the bird show again!

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
That would be cool :D

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Jenny, it isn't a secretary bird sadly (they're one of the most awesome raptors XD) it's a red-legged seriema :)

top one is the red leg and the second is the secretary :D

they're so easy to mix up, they both do the same thing XD Secretary birds are a lot bigger

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think my fav is the owl, He looks like a little gremlin:giggle:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Ooooh, ok. Are they in the same family then? They look very similar, but the secretary is larger with a more pronounced crest and brighter coloring

·
Premium Member
17,670 Posts
Now that I am unsure of, I don't think so, I think that they are completely different actually. I know a secretary bird is a raptor... hmmm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.